- Popularly used as – African tulip, Fountain tree, Rugtoora
- Flower – Glorious orange
- Edible – Winged seeds
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – It may be effective as a malaria prophylactic and in the control of Aedes mosquitoes
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Can tolerate 18 degrees C, Tropical monsoon climate
- Water -Newly planted– These trees grow best with plenty of moisture, but will shed their leaves and endure drought.
- Light – African tuliptree will survive in shade, but demands full sun for fast growth and best flowering.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize early in the plants growing cycle – spring for summer plants, fall for winter plants.
- Pruning – Fertilize early in the plants growing cycle – spring for summer plants, fall for winter plants.
- Plant – Spathodea Campanulata, Fountain Tree
- Flower colour – Glorious orange
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs
There are no reviews yet.