- Popularly used as – African Marigold (Yellow), Zendu, Marigold, Genda, Zandu,
- Flower -Yellow
- Edible – flowers and petals
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The bright petals of signet marigolds add colour and a spicy tang to salads and other summer dishes
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 25 to 30 degree Celsius
- Water – Apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Light -At least 3-6 hours of preferably morning sunlight a day is ideal for plant to grow well and natural direct bright light for the rest of the day.
- Fertilizer – During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month (Oct-Jan).
- Pruning – Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area
- Plant – African Marigold (Yellow)
- Flower colour – yellow
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs