- Popularly used as – Thunbergia erecta, Acanthaceae, Acanthus, Meyenia erecta Mini, Meyenia White
- Flower – Any color
- Edible – part no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Hanging baskets and other containers when grown as an annual.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature -Prefers temperature 20 to 30 degrees C
- Water – Newly planted– Apply water General caring tips Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch
- Light -Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives 4-6 hours of direct sunlight.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize potted thunbergia with a houseplant fertilizer applied every four to six weeks when it’s actively growing. Pests rarely affect outdoor-grown thunbergia.
- Pruning -Pinch off the dead blossoms after they wilt to encourage the vine to form new buds. Pinch off the tip of the vines and stems to control their height and spread.
- Plant – Thunbergia
- Flower colour – Any colour
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs