- Popularly used as – banyan, banyan fig and Indian banyan
- Flower -Green
- Edible – part no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Banyan tree has been traditionally used for its anti-inflammatory
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 25 to 35 degree C
- Water – Newly planted– Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Light – Bright light, included three or four hours of direct sunlight daily
- Fertilizer – Spread the fertilizer 1 foot beyond the tree’s drip line and spread it completely around it
- Pruning – Pruning of large branches should be carried out with a saw – a bow or tri-edge folding saw.
- Plant – Banyan
- Flower colour – Green
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs