- Popularly used as – Brinjal, Eggplant
- Flower -white to purple
- Edible – The edible part of brinjal is pericarp and placenta.
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Helps in digestion: The digestive system is kept healthy and safe because of the good content of fibre in brinjals
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature between 15 to 38 °F
- Water – Newly Planted – When it comes to watering eggplants in container gardens, keep the potting soil constantly moist but not soggy
- Light – The plants ought to have sufficient sunlight
- Fertilizer – Eggplant is a heavy feeder, so when first planting in a plant container, give it a good dose of fertilizer, and add lime to the soil because eggplant needs a lot of calcium.
- Pruning – Prune periodically throughout the growing season and severely if fruit production drops off for a new flush of leaves and blossoms.
- Plant – Brinjal
- Flower colour -white to purple
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs