- Popularly used as – Nimboo, Lemon Tree – Plant
- Flower – White
- Edible – Fruits and leaves
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – There is a belief in Ayurvedic medicine that a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it every morning tonifies and purifies the liver
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature of 13-37 Degree Celsius
- Water – Newly Planted – Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Apply 4 cup (approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Light – Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and fruit development..
- Fertilizer – Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Pruning – Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Plant – Lemon Tree
- Flower colour -white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs