- Popularly used as – Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as date or date palm,khajoor.
- Flower – colour according to the conditions of culture and the variety.
- Edible – sweet fruit
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The fruit of the date palm contains tannin, which makes it an effective astringent
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature above 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-6 C.) to survive.
- Water – Newly planted– Date Palms require no watering once established. Generally, trees need supplemental irrigation to get established, especially if planted after the rainy season.
- Light – Date palms like the brightest light that can be provided, including full sun.
- Fertilizer – Add a general purpose fertilizer before planting if the soil is poor. After the flowers have died off, cut the plant back to about six inches. Then add some general purpose fertilizer. This will promote new growth and a second bloom..
- Pruning – Prune your date palm in June , Rent a lift bucket when pruning your date palm ,Remove all the old leaves, referred to as fronds.
- Plant – Date Palms
- Flower colour – no
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs