- Popularly used as – Solanum lycopersicum
- Flower – Yellow
- Edible – The edible part of brinjal is pericarp and placenta.
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Some people use tomato for high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, cancer, and many other uses, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers between 55°F and 75°F to set fruit.
- Water – Newly Planted – Tomato plants need at least an inch of water per week; so water them well, especially during dry spells.
- Light – Six to eight hours of sun is all a tomato plant needs,” says tomato expert Scott Daigre. “Shade accordingly.” Tomatoes thrive in full sun.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking
- Pruning – Remove suckers when they’re small by pinching them off or snipping them with pruners. If your goal is to maximize the harvest, prune suckers sparingly.
- Plant – Tamoto Plant
- Flower colour -Yellow
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs
There are no reviews yet.