- Popularly used as -Gulmohar , delonix regia or royal poinciana fabaceae. ‘flamboyant’ or ‘flame’ tree.
- Flower -Red, Orange Red
- Edible – seemed to know that the tangy flower is edible
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Gulmohar plant is used as the ornamental purposes
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature below about 45F (7.2 C).
- Water – Newly planted– when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Light – More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight a day.
- Fertilizer – During the main growing season (June-July) feed the plant with organic fertilizer.
- Pruning – Pruning should be used in the early years to create a stronger foundation since the branches tend to be weak.
- Plant – Gulmohar
- Flower colour – any colour
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs