- Popularly used as – Copperpod, Golden Flamboyant, Yellow Flamboyant, Yellow Flame Tree, Yellow Poinciana, Konda Chinta, Perunkonrai, Radhachura
- Flower -YELLOW
- Edible – NO
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Its bark is used as medicine for dysentery, as eye lotion, embrocation for pains and sores.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 25 to 40 degrees C
- Water – Newly planted– Watering should be done up to growing period of the plant if the soil is dry.
- Light – Best plantation season of Gulmohar is monsoon season. Select the area where the maximum sunlight is available.
- Fertilizer -Fertilize 3 times a year – once each in spring, summer, and fall – with a quality granular fertilizer.
- Pruning – Trimming isnt necessary other than to prune branch ends after flowering is done in order to promote more bushy growth.
- Plant – Peltophorum
- Flower colour – YELLOW
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs