- Popularly used as – Dita tree, devil tree.
- Flower – Greenish white
- Edible -The wood, on the other hand, are used for carving, pencils, matches, veneer, etc.
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses -It is used to treat bowel complaints, abdominal pains, fevers and irregular menstruation
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature -Prefers temperature 12 to 32 degrees C.
- Water – Newly planted– About 15–20 litres of water per pit per week is required for proper growth of the plant.
- Light – Bright light, included three or four hours of direct sunlight daily
- Fertilizer – No fertilizer is applied after the initial use of FYM at the time of planting
- Pruning – Plants grown under glass will require restrictive pruning.
- Plant – Alstonia
- Flower colour –Greenish white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs