- Popularly used as – Badam, Indian Almond
- Flower – White to pale green
- Edible – The fruit and seed are edible
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The Almond tree provides deep shade and has become a beloved ornamental tree in tropical gardens, parks and along streets
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature hardy up to 4 degree C
- Water – Newly planted– Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.
- Light – More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight is required.
- Fertilizer – Young plants need extra phosphorus to encourage good root development. Look for a fertilizer that has phosphorus.Trees need to be fertilized every few years.
- Pruning – Dig out an area for the tree that is about 3 or 4 times the diameter of the container or rootball and the same depth as the container or rootball.
- Plant – Badam Tree
- Height – 3 to 5 inches
- Flower colour – White to pale green
- Pot description – Upper Diameter: 4 to 6 inches
- weight – 2 – 5 kg variable