- Popularly used as – Codiaeum variegatum
- Flower – no
- Edible – no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Stand on a wet pebble tray to improve humidity and mist frequently
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperatures from 18-29°C but can cope with as low as 15°C, however, you must avoid draughts.
- Water – Newly Planted – Codiaeum needs to be in damp soil at all times. They do not respond well to a soil that is wet or dry, and either will cause leaf drop. Watering with lukewarm water is recommended.
- Light – The Plant needs plenty of bright light. Direct sunlight for at least a few hours a day is recommended, however, avoid the scorching midday sun as this will cause leaf fade.
- Fertilizer – Apply a balanced fertilizer once or twice a month during the growing season.
- Pruning – Wipe leaves with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. Do not use leaf shine as this will damage the foliage. Cut back to size if they become too tall. These plants are not easy care and will drop leaves if they are unhappy.
- Plant -Crotons / Codiaeum Iceton
- Flower colour – no
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs