- Popularly used as – Chikoo, Sapota, Chiku Fruit (Grafted) – Plant
- Flower – Rarely flowers
- Edible – Fruits and leaves
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Energy Provider. The natural fructose and sucrose content in sapota can give your body a lot of energy
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature of 12 to 36 degrees C
- Water – Newly Planted – Irrigation is provided at an interval of 30 days in winter and 15 days in summer. This system has been found to be beneficial in saving 40% water with 70-75 % higher income.
- Light – More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight is required.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
- Pruning – Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
- Plant – Sappotta / Chikku
- Flower colour – Rarely flowers
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs