- Popularly used as – Nariyal, Coconut Tree (Green, Grown Through Seeds)
- Flower – no
- Edible – Apical buds of adult plants are edible, and are known as “palm cabbage”
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Using Coco Coir for Hydroponics Systems
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature above 18 °C (64 °F) and need a daily temperature above 22 °C (72 °F) to produce fruit
- Water – Newly planted– Like many tropicals, the coconut palm is one thirsty plant. Keep the soil consistently moist by saturating with warm water once to twice a week.
- Light – Coconut palms thrive in full, bright sunlight. Even those found in nature can fail to proper if in the shade, so it’s extremely important that any indoor coconut palm receives ample sunshine
- Fertilizer – Feed your palm year-round with a weak liquid fertilizer, and increase frequency during the summer months when it’s actively growing
- Pruning – Prune your date palm in June , Rent a lift bucket when pruning your date palm ,Remove all the old leaves, referred to as fronds.
- Plant – Coconut – Potted Plant
- Height – 3 to 5 inches
- Flower colour – no
- Pot description – Upper Diameter: 4 to 6 inches
- weight – 2 – 5 kg variable