- Popularly used as – Daucus carota
- Flower – White
- Edible – The most commonly eaten part of the plant is the taproot
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Carrot root is taken by mouth for cancer, constipation, diabetes.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature between 15 ºC and 18 ºC,
- Water – Newly planted– Like most vegetables, growing carrots need a minimum of 1 inch of water every week.
- Light -A grow light, if you don’t have a window or area that provides at least six hours of sunlight.
- Fertilizer – A granular type fertilizer will work well, if used in moderation.
- Pruning – The first time to prune carrots is just after they germinate. This is the time when you can identify the stronger shoots from the weaker ones.
- Plant – Carrot
- Flower colour -White
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs