- Popularly used as – Chinese hibiscus, China rose, Hawaiian hibiscus, rose mallow
- Flower -pink, red, orange, peach, yellow or purple
- Edible – All parts of Hibiscus sabdariffa are edible: calyxes, leaves, and flowers
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Egyptians used hibiscus tea to lower body temperature, treat heart and nerve diseases, and as a diuretic to increase urine production.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature between 55 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water -The plant needs daily watering during warm weather. When the weather cools, the plant only needs less water. Do not over water the plant during winter, water it only when the soil dries out.
- Light – For better blooming of the plant, the plant needs 6 hours of full sun per day.
- Fertilizer – The plant should be fertilized twice a month to keep it healthy and blooming
- Pruning – When pruning a hibiscus, cut the plant just above the nodes leaving about a quarter inch. Remove deceased, dead or over-grown branches.
- Plant – Hibiscus – Single red potted
- Flower colour – red
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs