- Popularly used as – Silver Dust, Dusty Miller – Plant
- Flower – yellow
- Edible –no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Dusty miller may be used as a background plant for low-growing, creeping annual plants, such as wave petunias
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature of 65-75F
- Water – Newly planted– Water moderately until they have settled in.
- Light – Bright sunlight brings out the best in dusty miller.In shade, the foliage is sparse, loose and more likely to become long and leggy, while plants grown in sunlight are leafy, dense and brilliant white.
- Fertilizer – To apply the fertilizer, sprinkle 2 to 3 teaspoons of dry fertilizer around every plant, and then water deeply to prevent scorching and to distribute the fertilizer evenly around the roots. After that, you don t need to fertilize.
- Pruning – Dusty miller is often planted in flower beds and is especially striking in containers where the lacy foliage is viewed up close. Dusty miller comes in several varieties, all of which have silvery foliage, but the shape of the leaves is slightly different
- Plant – Silver Dust, Dusty Miller – Plant
- Flower colour – yellow
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs