- Popularly used as – Ficus Safari, Ficus benjamina – Plant
- Flower – no
- Edible – Ficus leaves are even eaten raw, such as in salads.
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The plant is also used as antimicrobial, antinociceptive, antipyretic, hypotensive and anti-dysentery remedy
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 25 to 35 degree C
- Water – Newly planted– Ficus benjamina should be watered moderately in spring and summer but sparingly in winter.
- Light – Ficus love bright, indirect sunlight and lots of it. Your plant will enjoy spending time outside during the summer, but protect the plant from direct sunlight unless it’s been acclimated to it.
- Fertilizer – benjamina, or the weeping ficus. The right fertilizer for potted ficus plants is one that is rich in nitrogen and is water soluble or liquid.
- Pruning – Obviously, trimming ficus trees is necessary if the plant has grown into a byway or is touching the ceiling.
- Plant – Ficus benjamina
- Flower colour -no
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs