- Popularly used as – Lotus, Nelumbo Nucifera
- Flower – white, pink, yellow, red, blue, and purple
- Edible – The lotus roots, seeds, leaves, and stems are all edible
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – used to make medicine
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 70F.
- Water – Newly planted– Taller standard lotus can grow in water up to 18” deep or even deeper, but it takes more energy, and in spring and in cool climates lotus benefit from the extra warmth in shallow water.
- Light – Lotus will handle some shade, especially in warmer climates, but to grow and bloom their best they prefer full sunlight.
- Fertilizer – Use a good aquatic plant fertilizer, either fast or slow release, and follow the instructions
- Pruning – Prune your beautiful lotus flowers if necessary. Cut the stems and yellow leaves above the surface of water prone to diseases.
- Plant – Lotus, Nelumbo Nucifera
- Flower colour – pink
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs