- Popularly used as – Strelitzia reginae , Crane Flower
- Flower – Orange
- Edible – NO
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The bird of paradise is an easy flower to grow in gardens where the climate is warm.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers a moist environment with bright light with a temperature range of 15 to 30 degree Celsius
- Water – It only needs watering when the soil feels dry. After watering, the soil should be moist, not wet (No standing water). Wait for the soil to dry out thoroughly before watering again.
- Light – The plant needs Bright Light.
- Fertilizer – The plant should be fertilized once a month in spring or summer. Water the plant lightly after fertilizing.
- Pruning – Pruning is required to keep bonsai in nice shape. Cut off long shoots. Preferably prune the plant at the beginning of summer.
- Plant – Bird of paradise; Crane flower
- Flower colour orange
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs