- Popularly used as – Okra
- Flower – White
- Edible – The leaves, flower buds and flowers can be cooked and eaten
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Lady finger is good for digestion as it has high fiber content and it prevents constipation due to its laxative property.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers ttemperature range of 22-35°c
- Water – Newly planted– Lady’s finger plants need a good amount of water to thrive, overwatering can cause rotting.
- Light – Lady’s finger is a summer crop, it thrives well in the full sun. Lady’s finger need 5 to 7 hours sunlight.
- Fertilizer – Feed the plant with a balanced liquid seaweed fertilizer or instant manures during the flowering period to increase the yields.
- Pruning – Okra is a “cut-and-come-again” vegetable. Keep cutting the pods every day or two, and they will keep on coming.
- Plant – Lady’s finger
- Flower colour -White
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs
There are no reviews yet.