- Popularly used as – Chinese Banyan, Indian laurel, shining leaved fig, Malayan banyan, Taiwan banyan, curtain fig, gajumaru
- Flower – Orange
- Edible – LEAVES
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Good to keep inside homes and terraces as specimen plant, foliage plant etc
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 29 – 38c
- Water – Newly planted–Before water poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Light – At least 3-6 hours of preferably morning sunlight a day is ideal for plant to grow well and natural indirect bright light for the rest of the day
- Fertilizer – During the main growing season (June-July) feed the plant with organic fertilizer.
- Pruning – Mulch with an organic material, such as dry grass clippings, straw, aged manure, or a mixture of these.
- Plant – Chinese Banyan
- Flower colour – Orange
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs