- Popularly used as – Citrus sinensis
- Flower – White
- Edible – The edible portion of the fruit is known as the endocarp
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The peel and juice are used to make medicine. Sweet orange is used for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and stroke prevention.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature between 35 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water – Newly Planted – Orange trees hate having too much water.So watering, although necessary in summer, must not be abundant, but reduced and regular.
- Light – Orange trees prefer light to medium textured soils, with good drainage and free from stagnant water. Orange fruits do not grow well in the ground where there was before another citrus field.
- Fertilizer – Orange trees prefer a balanced fertilizer (or one slightly higher in nitrogen) that contains nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium as well as the micronutrients iron, manganese and zinc for optimum growth.
- Pruning – Eliminate branches that are ingrowing to provide as much light as possible inside. In addition, remove branches that cross over each other.
- Plant – Orange Tree
- Flower colour – white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs