- Popularly used as – Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods, Jungle Flame, West Indian jasmine. rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, santan, jarum-jarum
- Flower – red (Maui Red), yellow (Maui Yellow), orange, white and pinks.
- Edible – The leaves and bark are used as a remedy for diarrhoea
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Several Ixora species are used in traditional medicine, e.g. as an astringent and to treat dysentery and tuberculosis.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – 4 hours of sunlight every day. Cannot tolerate temperature below 59 degree F
- Water – Water the plant every day. Keep the soil moist but not dripping wet,
- Light – Keep the plant in direct sun for most of the day.
- Fertilizer – The plant should be fertilized twice a month. Organic manure is recommended
- Pruning – Pruning can be done at any time of the year. Remove any damaged branches.
- Plant – Ixora – Red potted
- Height – 3 to 5 inches
- Flower colour – red
- Pot description – Upper Diameter: 4 to 6 inches
- weight – 2 – 5 kg variable