- Popularly used as – Champa, Yellow Champak Mulana
- Flower – Orange
- Edible – no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Tropical specimen for frost free areas. Effective to decorate the front porch and its fragrance spread in the evening and act as mood changer after days hard work
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 25 to 35 drgree Celsius
- Water – Newly planted–Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Light – At least 3-6 hours of preferably morning sunlight a day is ideal for plant to grow well and natural direct bright light for the rest of the day.
- Fertilizer – Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. .
- Pruning – Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Plant – Michelia Champa
- Flower colour – Orange
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs