- Popularly used as – Michaelmas daisy, Aster
- Flower -violet flower
- Edible – flowers ,leaves are also edible
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – You can find an aster for almost any garden and they have many uses, such as in borders, rock gardens, or wildflower gardens
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature -Asters prefer climates with cool, moist summers, especially cool night temperatures
- Water – Newly planted– Water plants in well. Soil should be moist, well-drained, and average to humus-rich.
- Light – Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives at least 4-6 hours of direct bright sunlight.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize soil prior to planting.
- Pruning – Asters are easily grown from division. Aster plants do best, if divided every two to three years.
- Plant – Aster
- Flower colour – any colour
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs