- Popularly used as – Swietenia senegalensis,African mahogany, dry zone mahogany, Gambia mahogany, khaya wood, Senegal mahogany, cailcedrat, acajou, djalla, and bois rouge
- Flower – cream then pink
- Edible – LEAVES
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The Nupes of Niger state of Nigeria especially value the tree for its medicinal uses
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 29 – 38c
- Water – Newly planted–Plot scale modelling of K. senegalensis growth and water balance
- Light – The main uses of the timber are in light construction, particularly interior …
- Fertilizer – Nutritional requirements and interactions of Khaya senegalensis on … in healthy trees may indicate that another nutrient is limiting growth.
- Pruning -African Mahogany is a majestic, tall tree, native to Africa. It is a tree with shining leaves, up to 100 ft tall, with wide dense crown and thick trunk.
- Plant – Khaya Senegalensis
- Flower colour – cream then pink
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs
There are no reviews yet.