- Popularly used as – Allamanda cathartica, Golden Trumpet Bush, Buttercup Flower, Golden Bell.
- Flower – yellow , peach orange
- Edible – NO
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – casuarina wood is useful as roundwood for fencing, pilings, beams, and rafters; as split wood for fencing, pilings, and roofing shingles; and as comminuted wood for particle board, pulp, and parquetry.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature below 25 degrees F.
- Water – Newly planted– You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size , make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water.
- Light – A casuarina equisetifolia prefers Full sun , They should be covered lightly with hay and watered twice a day
- Fertilizer – Feed the plant with liquid fertilizer in growing season and cut it down to once a month in winter.
- Pruning – Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time
- Plant – Allamanda
- Flower colour – Yellow
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs