- Popularly used as – Vinca, Madagascar periwinkle, Myrtle, Nitya Pushpa, Sadabahar
- Flower – pink, purple, red, white, magenta, and bi-colors.
- Edible – NO
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – They have been used to treat diabetes, high blood pressure and have been used as disinfectants and anti-cancer.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 26 to 30 degree C
- Water – Newly planted– Water as needed to keep the soil moist in the summer. In the winter, you do not need to water as often, because Vinca periwinkle does not grow much during the colder months
- Light – Bright light, included three or four hours of direct sunlight daily
- Fertilizer – Fertilizer selection depends on media pH, root development, and environment
- Pruning – Pinch off new stems to promote a bushier plant. You can prune back the woody stems after the season has ended to improve the appearance and promote flowering.
- Plant – Vinca
- Flower colour -bi-colors
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs