- Popularly used as – Swietenia macrophylla.
- Flower – Greenish white
- Edible – no
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Mahogany is a commercially important lumber prized for its beauty
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature of 25- 44. 0
- Water – Newly planted– Water regularly. Use a garden hose to water the soil around the tree once a week, applying just enough water to create visible moisture on the surface of the soil.
- Light – Moderate diffused light & artificial light yield the best results for a Natal Mahogany. This tree form floor plant will do the best if light is able to reach all sides
- Fertilizer – Among such products are biological fertilizers which can be a good substitute
- Pruning – Most mahogany trees are resistant to salt spray, so soils frequently drenched by salt water mist should not present a problem,
- Plant – Mahogany Plant
- Flower colour – white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs