- Popularly used as – Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods, Jungle Flame, West Indian jasmine. rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, santan, jarum-jarum.
- Flower – Red,orange, yellow, pink, white
- Edible – The leaves and bark are used as a remedy for diarrhoea
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Several Ixora species are used in traditional medicine, e.g. as an astringent and to treat dysentery and tuberculosis.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – 4 hours of sunlight every day. Cannot tolerate temperature below 59 degree F
- Water – Water the plant every day. Keep the soil moist but not dripping wet
- Light – Keep the plant in direct sun for most of the day.
- Fertilizer – The plant should be fertilized twice a month. Organic manure is recommended.
- Pruning – Pruning can be done at any time of the year. Remove any damaged branches.
- Plant – Ixora Mini Draft
- Flower colour – white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs