- Popularly used as – Cluster fig tree, Indian fig tree, Goolar, Umber
- Flower – white
- Edible – Fruits are very tasty and healthy
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature -Prefers temperature 18 to 28 degrees C
- Water – Newly planted– A general rule is 1-1 ½ inches (2.5-4 cm.) of water per week either form rainfall or irrigation. The tree will let you know if it needs to be watered by the yellowing of its foliage and dropping of leaves. Don’t put off irrigating fig trees until they become symptomatic.
- Light – Sunlight Full sun to part shade
- Fertilizer – One reasons fig trees are easy to grow is they rarely need fertilizer. Figs are slow-growing, but when fertilizer is needed, this article can help.
- Pruning – This is a fast growing plant with moderate drought tolerance. Plant grows fast so take care of planter size. Re-pot the plant if the roots are not getting enough place to spread.
- Plant – Goolar, Umber
- Flower colour – white
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs