- Popularly used as – zonal geranium,garden geranium, malva or malvon,Pelargonium hortorum,
- Flower -Red Flower
- Edible -Leaves and buds – raw or cooked
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – You can also make a tea with the leaves and flowers or an oil infusion
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 60-70 degrees.
- Water – Newly planted– Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Light -Morning sunlight of 3-6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in bright light for rest of the day.
- Fertilizer – Fertilize in spring through summer every two to three weeks with a good blooming plant food. Allow the plant to rest in winter.
- Pruning – Pinch off wilted blooms to prevent the plant from self-seeding
- Plant – Geranium Ivy
- Flower colour -any colour
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs