- Popularly used as – Clerodendron , Spironema Hochst.
- Flower – red and white or red and purple
- Edible – leaves
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Used for the treatment of wounds, skin diseases, liver disorders, intestinal worms, fever and joint pain.
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature below 45 degrees F (7 C).
- Water – Newly planted– Water and fertilize regularly when actively growing. Use a rich but well-drained potting medium and keep moist but not wet.
- Light – This plant needs direct sun in order to bloom well; a sunny window may be sufficient if you don’t move the container outdoors for the season.
- Fertilizer – Clerodendrum bleeding heart needs frequent fertilization to supply the nutrients required to produce blooms.
- Pruning – Prune your clerodendrum in late winter before new growth begins to appear. Cut back all the stems on your plant, as the season’s flowers will grow on new shoots.
- Plant – Clerodendron , Spironema Hochst.
- Flower colour – white and red
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs