- Popularly used as – Red begonia
- Flower – red
- Edible – edible flowers
- Growth – Fast growth rate
- Uses – Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates
PLANTING & CARE
- Temperature – Prefers temperature 65-70 degress
- Water – Newly planted– Begonia rex should be watered when the soil or pot feels dry, but do not wait until the plant starts to wilt.
- Light -You can keep them happy as houseplants or store them dormant over winter
- Fertilizer – You can feed your potted plants monthly with any good houseplant food.
- Pruning – Begonias are not the easiest plants to make happy. They can be very demanding of just the right amount of water, food, and humidity.
- Plant – Begonia
- Flower colour – red
- Height – 40 to 50 cm / 1.5 feet
- Pot size – 4 – 6 inches upper diameter
- Weight – 2-3 Kgs